O'Quin Zone Forum Index O'Quin Zone
Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello O'Quinns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nancy Foster
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Hello O'Quinns Reply with quote

I'm so excited to learn how large our family is. As a child I met many of the Aunts and Uncles and may have met some of you. Since my dad was in the service we moved a lot so I've lost contact with all but the family in Lillington.

My Mother is Nellie O'Quinn the daughter of Lessie Godfrey and Robert Wilson O'Quinn. Robert is the son of BB O'quinn and if my research is correct his father is Alexander and Alexander's father is Patrick. I was quite excited that information on this forum was the same information I have. If I can share any dates or information with any of you I will be very happy to do so.

Currently, I live in Jacksonville, Florida with my husband, John Foster. We go often to Lillington to visit Mother and perhaps we could exchange information.

Looking forward to hearing from the O'Quinns.
loquin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nancy! Welcome aboard.

There is certainly some indirect evidence that Alexander was also one of Patrick's sons. I'd received an email which stated that one of Alexanders sons was named Wiley, which would make perfect sense if he was named after his uncle (Alexander's older brother, Wiley.) Otherwise, it would an odd coincidence, given that Wiley just isn't a very common name.

In addition, one of Wiley's sons (and my great-grandfather) was named Rice Superior Whitfield O'Quin. It also turns out that there was another, somewhat younger man who lived in North Carolina, who was also named Rice Superior Whitfield O'Quin. (His tombstone is pictured here: http://www.oquin.net/oquin/riceoquin.jpg at OQuin Photos - Page 3 )

By the way - do you know BB O'Quinn's given name?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    O'Quin Zone Forum Index -> the O'Quins All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: